Gembrook Recce Sat 12th Dec - Proposed Trip Date 10th Jan

Trip Planning and Trip Reports

Moderator: Committee

dank
Site Admin

Gembrook Recce Sat 12th Dec - Proposed Trip Date 10th Jan

Post by dank »

Well with all these trips getting cancelled and sat morning penciled in for working on the zook Harley had finally managed to get his jim back up and running with a new cv and inner axle so we thought we may as well get a hit of some bush time and headed into labertouche/bunyip state park to have a look around after the fires. Guys there is some awesome trip potential in this area. We are probably looking to hold a medium trip early in january at this stage in the hope that some people will be off work still and keen to get some dirt km under the belt...here's some pics of the 3 hours we spent out there.

Bring it on I say. Still not having a running rig but will navvy, Can i propose a 10th January date for a medium trip to Gembrook?

I'll let the pictures do the talking. Please if you think you or your vehicle is not up to standard for this trip shoot me an email or message to discuss and I can talk you into having an absolute blast of a day out in Labertouche.

Trip will also be dependant on fire danger rating for the day although keeping in mind most of the area is already burnt out it won't be too much of a problem.

Meeting at BP servo - Sand Rd Turnoff Longwarry Nth - Princes Hwy.
Matthew
Financial Member

Re: Gembrook Recce Sat 12th Dec - Proposed Trip Date 10th Jan

Post by Matthew »

Depending on the thumb I'll be there, no infection yet so its looking promising.

That's the only track in Bunyip I know, drove it about a month ago when I did a bit of a recce for my canceled trip. I took a mate up there in a 2 month old stock wrangler, he'd never been wheeling before and had a great time, I didn't get to drive the harder section pictured as I was demonstrating the easy lines but really wanted to try them.
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

Can't make for the 10th Jan.

This would be a great trip though.
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Andrew can you make the saturday? I'm pretty flexible with dates. if we get more interest for the saturday then it'll run then.

The track in the pics, Robertsons (Creek) Fireline on a medium trip with time spent at the interesting section will probably take most of the morning with a group of vehicles. There are plenty of options for the afternoon. Most of the afternoon can either be pretty cruisy or we can have a look at some more interesting tracks that will require us to use our brains on.

:D
andrew_wale

Post by andrew_wale »

dank wrote:Andrew can you make the saturday? I'm pretty flexible with dates. if we get more interest for the saturday then it'll run then.

The track in the pics, Robertsons (Creek) Fireline on a medium trip with time spent at the interesting section will probably take most of the morning with a group of vehicles. There are plenty of options for the afternoon. Most of the afternoon can either be pretty cruisy or we can have a look at some more interesting tracks that will require us to use our brains on.

:D
No.. I will not be in the country..
The only date in Jan is the last is the weekend before Australia Day. 23rd or 24th
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

Dan, any thoughts about applying for MVO access? It looks like there are about 15 available tracks.
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Thought has crossed my mind many times. A lot of the MVO tracks that I would want to do are probably a bit harder than a medium track rating. I reckon we can have a pretty cruisy day on the tracks that are open and not get ourselves into too much trouble but still have a good challenge for those that want to extend themselves a little bit.

I will consider running an MVO track trip rated Hard for later on in the year probably just before it starts to get too wet and they'll ban access due to potential track damage. End of February to End of May roughly.

I've had a prospective member contact me via the public trips forum area and he is keen to come along. its good to know that that public trips area is working.
Matthew
Financial Member

Post by Matthew »

I have no ideas about the MVO tracks in regards to difficulty, but sounds like a good call if they're going to be hard.

Good to hear about the new member, don't forget to collect the mystical $10.00.
Mock

Post by Mock »

Think Ill be in for a drive on the 10th 8-)

Mock :mrgreen:
mugginsmoo welding grinding sanding painting my old shit in melb
dank
Site Admin

Post by dank »

Nice MOck,

I managed to snap up another potential member today at work. Driving a jimny with 29" ATs and 80mm tough dog lift, recently come down from NSW. Waht is with NSWers, Jimnys and Big lifts!!!?

So far its looking like:
me and Harley in Harley's jimny
shaun in Vit on 29s (potential member)
Mock in ??
Matt with a busted thumb in sierra
New dude in 80mm lift jimny.
Jon and his mate - two cars
ASJR - Andrew - potentially?

looking like a nice size group. Any more current members keen on coming? MArty? come one gotta give those new tyres a burl.